Thursday 7 June 2012

Your Royal Highness.

Your Royal Highness. You are a babe, no you are the babe. Fact.

Like many of you I am sure, I spent the weekend declaring my love for the Queen and all things British. For this weekend, and potentially in some cases this week only, I loved the rain (classic British), I loved tennis (Wimbledon's coming so why not). I also loved polo, red buses, ketchup, beef, Pimm's, Twiggy, The Archers, Eastenders, the colours red, white and blue, foxes, Primark (I have just been told they are in fact Irish, but they can stay as I'm a regular face in our local in Luton so it stays), tea and most of all, I adored The Royal Family. ANYTHING British!

(Short list above so any suggestions, please comment with them and I shall include, unless they are rubbish or I disagree, like Brussels sprouts; they are going no where near the list).

Street Party to welcome Queen Elizabeth in 1952.

Ah yes, the family that we all want to be a part of, every girl out there I am positive wants to be Kate and every boy out there equally wants a bit of ol' Kate.

Mighty fine bit of crumpet. 

Although I fully and whole heatedly admit she is delightful, the woman I want to be is Elizabeth, our Queen and the most wanted Granny 2012 I'd imagine. She is utterly incredible! The effort it must take for her to keep pursing that smile and making small talk is incredible, also to have to put up with Camilla's trout like sneer takes some doing. But she is essentially just a little old lady and look at what she's doing, when I get to that age, all I wish is that I'll have the dentures that let me suck on Caramel Digestives still. That's my aim. Puts her incredible life into perspective.


Doesn't she age well?!

Also, and this act is the most commendable from the whole bank holiday weekend, she had to commission and allow Cheryl to step up on stage and pierce her nations ears, she got out of watching the whole ordeal but knowing what she was doing to her great country must have been a heavy burden on top of everything else she is currently dealing with.

It was just wrong. 

Seriously though, this weekend made me more proud to be British than I have been in such a long time and I felt humbled to be represented by such an incredible woman.

I also ate cupcakes in her tribute. So thank you for that. (Yay, more food!)

Street part from Saturday 2nd 2012. 

Beyond tasty. 

Hope you all had an equally brilliant weekend.
God Save The Queen and all.

A
X

No comments:

Post a Comment