Sunday 11 March 2012

Bread Winner or Bread Maker?

Right let’s just get this over and done with before I start: yes I have nice baps, no I won’t touch your baguette and yes I am a master-baker. Finished. 

At the moment as you are most probably aware I am a university student, I like to think I try hard and I’m working pretty well so hopefully I’ll come out with a decent grade. Because, I want to finish university get myself a tidy little job with a bulging cheque so I can tell the (excuse the language) bastards at student finance to leave me alone. 

My friend the other day was asking me how I would feel if I finished uni and yes got myself a nice job but wasn’t the breadwinner in my relationship, a role which I am now calling the bread maker, which aptly fits in with my bakery background and heritage (how neat). And honestly, I don't think I would mind, which I don't know is a good or bad thing. I am not for one minute saying that I will not work hard and will ride of the backs of others but if someone (namely my economics buff of a boyfriend) brings home the ‘dollar’, would I resent them?

Also, this debate has been prompted by my recent love of making cakes (how cute are all these?!):






                                                 (actual cupcakes. how?!)

Should you strive to be the bread winner or be content as the bread maker?
A
X

No comments:

Post a Comment