Wednesday 8 February 2012

#hashtagshavetakenoff

#epicfail

#wasted

#meandthegirlsareonit

#youarenotontwitter

I have had my Twitter account for nearly a year now and I love it, an easy site where I can speak my mind, stalk celebrities and catch Cheryl Cole having an argument. Brilliant. It also doubles up onto my Facebook account so no need to updated my status. I am the sort of person who will try and write a fairly humorous status, I don't know if it's particularly successful but it suits me better than declaring how much I apparently love someone or how somebody else has seriously pissed me off. Now, as my Twitter feed is on my Facebook feed I have hash tags all over the place: "Who knew drama involved so much reading? #ijustwanttobeatree" for example. But now I am seeing hash tags everywhere. from everyone, it may be petty but hash tags are used on Twitter, not any old person can take them. Soon I'll be getting texts with them in: "fancy coffee? #longday".

I have a friend who now speaks in hash tags like so: "Alice you coming tonight? Hash tag its gonna be pretty messy l o l"
It's horrible!
I am a big supporter of speaking properly so my response to this just consisted of a repetative "excuse me". Now I am not sure if writing this makes me a hypocrite as I use a hash tag but I would like to defend myself by saying I use them in the right context.

So, as our vocabulary gets shorter and our communication dwindles I guess I will:

C U L8R #endofpost

A
X

No comments:

Post a Comment