Saturday 25 February 2012

Sun, sun, sun must equal fun. Surely?

England is getting hotter. Right now, you can forget the likes of Australia, Thailand even Spain, because we here in England we have all sun. Right now the sun is ours. It’s currently so hot I must dig out my shorts, my ballet pumps that don't have a sole but are an adorable summery colour and a complimentary summery shade of a cardigan. Maybe even a floral scarf? Am I overdoing it? Am I?

Yes. Yes I am just like every other Brit who sees the sun and goes nuts for it.

Today I have seen so many admittedly gorgeous pictures of summery shots with shorts, flip flops and ray-ban glasses (never all at once though, because that is overdoing it, obviously). My friend is sat here beside me with the sun glowing through the window with a book, all very picturesque, I shouldn't be such a cynic but I am sure this book is just an excuse for him to pose in the sun.. (pretty weak comment there but he wanted a mention). I'm very nearly convinced that it is summer out there. That is, until I stepped outside and was not so warmly greeted by the chilly wind that refuses to lift and leave use in peace.  Yes there is a warm, hazy glow that wasn’t there before but summer? We are being deceived. Unfortunately.



This got me thinking, even if it were the glorious summer that I am expecting in June and no earlier, how much fun will I actually have in it? I normally just get a little clammy in it and am the unfortunate owner of a irregular natural tan, that is to say when I am fortunate enough to lay and soak up the sun my body goes a blissfully colour while my face lags behind and stays a ghostly shade of pale, so I never really benefit from the darned thing anyway. Then again this is an incredibly grim thought I am having, I DO like the sun, I do. I cant think right now why I am having to convince myself that I do but I am sure that I must love it. 

I love it abroad anyway: give me a bikini and a cocktail umbrella any day. 

A

1 comment: